(Posted Oct. 13, 2021)
The following events are scheduled to take place in Mount Sterling.
• Hydrant Flushing–Hydrant flushing in the village of Mount Sterling will take place Oct. 18-22.
• Drug Take-Back Day–The Madison County Sheriff’s Office will be accepting unused and expired medications from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 23 at a station set up behind Mount Sterling village hall.
• Cleanup Day–The village of Mount Sterling and the Pleasant Township trustees are hosting a cleanup day on Oct. 23 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (or until the Dumpsters are full).
Dumpsters will be located at the village’s service garage, the Mason Park parking lot, a site near the Church of the Nazarene, and in the lot across from Raj’s BP near I-71.
Paint, tires, document shredding, refrigerators, freezers, cement, and tires will not be accepted.
Volunteers are welcomed.
Residents can arrange for pickup by calling town hall at (740) 869-2040 if they cannot get their items to one of the Dumpsters.
• Halloween/Fall Yard Decorating Contest–The Mount Sterling Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring its annual Halloween/Fall yard decorating contest. The top three yards will be recognized. Winners will receive Chamber bucks to spend at local merchants.
The public is invited to submit nominations by calling Courtney Bricker at Mount Sterling Town Hall, (740) 869-2040, ext. 5. Judging is slated for 5 p.m. Oct. 30. The contest is open to residents of Mount Sterling and the communities of Burr Oak and McClimansville.
• Haunted House–Mount Sterling Masonic Lodge 269, 54 London St., is hosting its annual Haunted House the last weekend of the month. Hours are: Oct. 29-30, 6-10 p.m., and Oct. 31, 1-4 p.m. Admission is free.