(Posted Jan. 17, 2023)
Want to up your soybean game? The Ohio State University Extension offices of Madison and Champaign counties are hosting an in-person Soybean School on Feb. 24.
Soybean specialists from the university will share the latest research and provide a hands-on look at what might be impacting soybean yield.
Topics and speakers include:
• Weed Control and Cover Crops–Dr. Alyssa Essman;
• Ultra Early Soybean Planting–Dr. Laura Lindsey;
• Fungicide and Insecticide Application Timing–Dr. Laura Lindsey and Dr. Horacio Lopez-Nicora;
• Sulfur on Soybeans–Amanda Douridas;
• SCN and other Soilborne Pathogens–Dr. Horacio Lopez-Nicora;
• Seeding Rates and Replant: How Low is Too Low–Grant Davis.
Certified crop advisers and commercial and private pesticide applicators can receive continuing education credits.
The event will be held from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Feb. 24 at Beck’s Hybrids, 720 U.S. Hwy. 40, London. Cost to attend is $40 and includes lunch and one publication (chosen during registration). Make reservations by Feb. 17 at go.osu.edu/SoybeanSchool. For more information, contact the Madison County Extension Office at (740) 852-0975.
The Ohio Soybean Council is the event sponsor.