|A.C. Sifrit Stables was located on East High Street in London where the McDonald’s restaurant is located. A.C. Sifrit is standing with a cane in this photograph.
According to early records of owner-ship, Sifrit owned the stable in 1890, J.F. Nicholson in 1895, and M.L. Burnham and E.S. Gordin in 1908. In 1916, it was called the Madison County Auto Co. with Scott Chenoweth as president and M.L. Burnham as vice president.
This building also was home to Clyde and Dean Goodyear, Bob Chapman, Rod Bell, the London Chamber of Commerce, and other businesses.
This picture was provided by the Madison County Historical Society.
Earl Ballenger is a resident of London. To share photos, call the Messenger at 740-852-0809.