|London High School was built in 1913. This view shows the South Walnut Street side after construction was completed.
The building was dedicated in May 1913. The 43rd annual commencement for the class of 1913 was the first held in the new auditorium.
The London Federation of Women’s Clubs pledged to raise $1,000 to beautify the school grounds.
W.H. Rice was the superintendent. Miss Mary Chamberlain was the principal.
Information for this article was taken from the thesis that former London Superintendent J.J. Hartley wrote for his master’s degree from The Ohio State University in 1945.
Earl Ballenger is a resident of London. To share photos, call 740-852-0809.