|This house once stood on the grounds of the Fish Hatchery located at the corner of Old Springfield Road and Roberts Mill Road adjacent to the London Correctional Institution. The first Ohio Fish and Game Commission purchased land in 1896 to start the construction of the Fish Farm. George Morcher was hired as superintendent in 1898 to manage the farm. The London Fish Hatchery supplies numerous ponds, creeks and fishing spots in Madison County and surrounding areas.
Earl Ballenger is a resident of London. To share old photos, call the Madison Messenger at 740-852-0809.