| This picture shows the intersection of Main and High streets in, looking north, in London. Note the dirt roadway. The courthouse is shown on the left. The store on the right belonged to W.E. Shaffer. Notice the two gas lights on the corners. There was another gas light in front of the courthouse and an electric light in the center of the intersection. This picture was taken sometime after 1896 and prior to 1903. The electric lights were put in after 1896. The Interurban ran through the center of Main Street after 1903.
Earl Ballenger is a resident of London. To share photos, call 740-852-0809.