As tradition dictates, London’s Old Fashioned Christmas will take place on the Monday after Thanksgiving, Nov. 26. The night will begin at 5:30 p.m. and go until the church bells toll at 8:30. The schedule of events is as follows:
5:30 p.m.—Santa and his reindeer (actual live reindeer) arrive at Cowling Park on North Main Street. Madison County Hospital conducts the "Lights of Love" ceremony, which includes performances by the First United Methodist sanctuary choir, Wesley Singers, and Kinds of the Kingdom.
5:45 p.m.—The new shelter house at Cowling Park is dedicated.
6 p.m.—Horse carriage rides open to the public. The Color Guard of London’s American Legion Post 105 raises the flag at the corner of First and Main streets, accompanied by members of the London High School band. The Music Men quartet strolls and sings around downtown London. London Middle School choir performs at Huntington Bank and the Rosedale Bible College chorus sings at B&J Optical, both on South Main.
6:15 p.m.—Santa arrives at Huntington Bank. The London High School band plays at the Parks and Recreation office on South Main.
6:30 p.m.—Shiloh Music Academy’s string ensemble performs at the Madison County Courthouse on North Main. The London Church of the Nazarene choir sings at B&J Optical and the London High School concert choir sings at Huntington Bank. The St. Patrick School ensemble will perform at the parish center on East Second Street.
7 p.m.—The London Elementary School choir sings at the courthouse. London First Baptist Church performs at B&J Optical. The London Christian Fellowship Church choir sings at Dillion Realty on South Main. The London High School signature choir sings at Huntington Bank.
7:30 p.m.—Jonathan Alder’s High Society choir sings at Advantage Bank on South Main.
8 p.m.—Binns and Gorman flute duo plays at Frames By Choice on South Main.
8:30 p.m.—St. Patrick Catholic Church and First United Methodist Church ring bells to end the evening.
Venues with special events include the following:
• First United Methodist Church—Soup and sandwich café and pictures by the nativity scene with families dressed in biblical costumes.
• Trinity Episcopal Church—Hot drinks and fellowship.
• London Grace Brethren Church—Caroling, family activities and treats.
• Huntington Bank—Visit Santa between 6:15 and 8:30 p.m. Bake sale, too.
• Cowling Park—Visit Santa’s reindeer while waiting for a carriage ride. Enjoy the shelter house dedication, complete with snacks and hot beverages.
• Frames By Choice—Carriage pick-up and drop-off.