The filing deadline for issues to appear on Madison County’s Nov. 4 election ballot was Aug. 21.
According to Matthew Tlachac, deputy director of the Madison County Board of Elections, the voter registration deadline is Oct. 6. Absentee voting starts Sept. 30. Individuals can apply to vote absentee at any time. The last day to apply to receive a ballot by mail in Nov. 1. The last day to vote absentee in the Board of Elections office is Nov. 3.
The issues that will appear on the Madison County ballot are as follows:
• Darby Township—Renewal of a 0.6-mill, five-year levy for current expenses
• Darby Township—Renewal of a 1-mill, five-year levy for maintaining and operating Forest Grove Cemetery
• Jefferson Local School District—0.5 percent income tax for five years on earned income for current operating expenses
• Fairbanks Local School District—9.6-mill, five-year levy for emergency requirements of the district. The levy would renew $1,339,000 and provide an increase of $340,000 for a total of $1,679,000. (In Madison County, this levy applies to Pike Township and Precinct 2 of Darby Township.)
• Mechanicsburg Exempted Village School District—Renewal of a 5-mill, five-year levy for reconstructing, remodeling and renovating existing school buildings
• Monroe Township—A proposed zoning plan providing for the regulation of the location, size and use of buildings and other structures, percentage of lot areas that may be occupied, set back building lines, sizes of yards and uses of land for business, industry, residences, recreation and other purposes. For such purposes, and all in accordance with a comprehensive plan for Madison County, the acres of Monroe Township, is divided into districts or zones.
• Paint Township—Replacement of a 0.4-mill, five-year operating levy for maintaining and operating the cemetery
• Sterling Joint Ambulance District—Renewal of a 1.5-mill, five-year levy for current operating expenses. (This is the first of two levies for the district.)
• Sterling Joint Ambulance District—Renewal of a 1.5-mill, five-year levy for current operating expenses. (This is the second of two levies for the district.)
• South Solon—The question on the ballot is: “Shall the proposed ordinance calling for repealing Ordinance 96-15 which imposed an income tax for the purpose of general municipal operations, new equipment and capital improve-ments for the village at the rate of 1 percent per year be adopted?”
• Local Option: Deercreek Township—The question on the ballot is: “Shall the sale of beer be permitted on Sunday between the hours of 1 p.m. and midnight by Speedway SuperAmerica LLC doing business as Speedway 5360, a holder of a C1 liquor permit, who is engaged in the business of operating a neighborhood retail convenience stire at 720 U.S. 42 E & I-70, Deercreek Township, London, Ohio 43140 in this precinct?”
• Local Option: London Ward 2/Precinct C—The question on the ballot is: “hall the sale of beer be permitted on Sunday between the hours of 1 p.m. and midnight by SuperAmerica Beverage LLC doing business as Rich Oil 3765, a holder of a C1 liquor permit, who is engaged in the business of operating a neighborhood retail convenience store at 278 Lafayette Street, London, Ohio 43140 in this precinct?”
• Westfall Local School District—6.2-mill bond issue to raise $17.5 million to be repaid over a maximum of 28 years to construct school facilities under the State of Ohio Classroom Facilities Assistance Program, and renovate and improve existing school facilities. (In Madison County, this bond issue only applies to voters in Precinct 2 of Pleasant Township.)
• Westfall Local School District—Renewal of a 3.75-mill for a continuing period of time for ongoing permanent improvements. (In Madison County, this bond issue only applies to voters in Precinct 2 of Pleasant Township.)
• Great Oaks Institute of Technology and Career Development—2.7-mill, 10-year levy for current operating expenses (In Madison County, this levy applies only to voters in Pleasant Township and Precinct 2 of Range Township.)