(Posted May 26, 2022)
Plain City Public Library, 305 W. Main St., is kicking off its Summer Reading Program. For more information, go to www.plaincitylib.org or call (614) 873-4912.
• Summer Reading Program. The program offers participants rewards for reading over the summer months and is for ages 3 through adult. No need to register. Starting May 27, pick up a reading log at the library or print one using the links at www.plaincitylib.org/srp. Reading logs can be returned in person, in the library’s book drop, by mail, or by email. Visit the library’s website for more information on events, logs and prizes.
• Storytime. Mondays at 10:30 a.m., join the library in-person at Plain City’s Pastime Park and online on the library’s Facebook, Youtube and Twitter channels for storytime complete with songs, rhymes and books.
• Oceans of Fun Magic Show. Puppets and magic are featured in this show starring Jim Kleefeld and is set for 1 p.m. June 2. No registration required.
• Take a Tromp Through the Swamp: A Music Concert for All Ages. At 3 p.m. June 8, singer and songwriter Tom Sieling, visiting from Newfield, N.Y., will perform an hour-long concert that the whole family will enjoy. The show features humorous, participatory kids’ songs. Tom plays guitar, banjo, harmonica, and a drum machine, and all songs include audience participation. No registration required.
• Escape Room: Bermuda Triangle. At 3 p.m. June 9, hop on board PCPL Airlines Flight 4655 to travel from Florida to Puerto Rico–right over the Bermuda Triangle, a space in the North Atlantic where ships, planes, and people have allegedly gone missing. With your teammates, follow a series of clues to safely arrive at your destination. Can you escape the Bermuda Triangle and make it to Puerto Rico or will you get lost in the Bermuda Triangle? For children ages 10 and older. Registration is required.