|Pictured here is an aerial view of the Winchester Milling Co. (center) in Canal Winchester from the 1960s. Also visible are the Chaney Elevator (upper left) and the "Queen of the Line" train depot (lower left) along the railroad tracks. According to Lillian Carroll and Frances Steube in their book, "Canal Winchester, Ohio: The Second Ninety Years," the Winchester Milling Company could trace its roots back to 1868 and operated under various owners throughout its history. One week in 1911, when the area was primarily a farming community, the company handled 19,000 bushels of wheat. The mill closed in 1978 and the structure razed in 1987.