(Posted Jan. 12, 2023)
By Kristy Zurbrick, Madison Editor
The Madison-Plains Local Schools board of education held its annual organizational meeting on Jan. 10. The board reelected Mark Mason as board president and Thoula Xenikis as vice president.
Board meetings will take place at 7 p.m. in the district meeting room at the elementary school on the following dates in 2023: Feb. 21, March 21, April 18, May 16, June 20, July 18, Aug. 15, Sept. 19, Oct. 17, Nov. 21, and Dec. 19.
Xenikis will serve as the board’s legislative liaison and student achievement liaison to the Ohio Schools Boards Association this year. Mason is the alternate for the legislative liaison position. Mason also will serve as the board’s representative to the Tolles Career and Technical Center board.
Committee assignments for board members for 2023 are:
• superintendent’s district academic committee–Xenikis;
• superintendent’s policy review committee–Bryan Stonerock and Stuart Yensel;
• superintendent’s district communication committee–Becky Rheinscheld and Xenikis;
• superintendent’s district facilities and grounds committee–Mason and Yensel;
• treasurer’s district finance committee–Mason and Xenikis;
• district insurance committee–Rheinscheld; and
• district athletic council–Yensel.