(Posted Nov. 4, 2020)
The following are the unofficial results of the Nov. 3 general election as released by the Madison County Board of Elections (BOE) after the polls closed on election night.
In the only contested local race, Nicholas Adkins emerged the winner over Marla Farbacher for the county prosecutor’s seat. Adkins took 66.1 percent of the vote to Farbacher’s 33.9 percent.
All local tax issues and questions passed.
Of the county’s 25,827 registered voters, 19,442 cast ballots for a voter turnout of 75.28 percent. A total of 7,078 ballots were cast on election day, 6,371 were cast absentee by mail, and 5,993 were cast absentee in-person (early voting) at the BOE office.
The BOE will run the official canvass of the election results by no later than Nov. 24.
• Madison County Senior Citizens Center–Renewal of a 0.8 mill tax levy for five years for the purpose of providing and maintaining services, equipment and facilities. The levy generates $713,993 per year and costs the taxpayer $16.84 per year per $100,000 of property valuation.
For the levy 12,484
Against the levy 5,883
• Darby Township–Renewal of a 0.7-mill tax levy for five years for the purpose of maintaining and operating Forest Grove Cemetery. The levy generates $76,660 per year and costs the taxpayers $22.40 per year per $100,000 of property valuation.
For the levy 1,377
Against the levy 721
• Paint Township–Renewal of a 1.5-mill tax levy for five years for current expenses. The levy generates $24.056 per year and costs the taxpayer $18.38 per year per $100,000 of property valuation.
For the levy 209
Against the levy 84
• Range Township–Renewal of a 0.7-mill tax levy for five years for the purpose of maintaining and operating cemeteries. The levy generates $39,809 per year and costs the taxpayer $24.50 per year per $100,000 of property valuation.
For the levy 354
Against the levy 97
• Stokes Township–Renewal of a 0.4-mill tax levy for the purpose of providing fire protection and providing and maintaining fire apparatus, appliances, buildings, water supply sources, and materials. The levy generates $15,350 per year and costs the taxpayer $14 per year per $100,000 of property valuation.
For the levy 186
Against the levy 68
• Hammertime Pub LLC–Request for a D3 liquor permit to sell spiritous liquor at their establishment in Mount Sterling.
• Hammertime Pub LLC–Request for a D6 liquor permit to sell beer, wine, mixed beverages and spiritous liquor between 11 a.m. and midnight on Sundays at their establishment in Mount Sterling.
Madison County Prosecuting Attorney
(One to be elected)
Nicholas Adkins (R) 11,651
Marla H. Farbacher 5,975
Madison County Commissioner
(Term starting 1-2-21)
Mark A. Forrest (R) 14,185
Madison County Commissioner
(Term starting 1-3-21)
Chris Wallace (R) 13,503
Madison County Judge of the Court of Common Pleas
Christopher J. Brown 13,530
Madison County Clerk of Courts of Common Pleas
Renae Zabloudil (R) 14,639
Madison County Sheriff
John R. Swaney (R) 15,198
Madison County Recorder
Charles E. Reed (R) 14,813
Madison County Treasurer
Stacey L. McKenzie (R) 14,676
Madison County Engineer
Bryan D. Dhume (R) 14,733
Madison County Coroner
James W. Kaehr (R) 14,860
U.S. CONGRESSIONAL and STATE SENATE RACES – Local Tallies
Here is how Madison County voted in the U.S. congressional and state senate races:
U.S. Representative – 15th District
Joel Newby (D) 4,434
Steve Stivers (R) 14,409
State Senator 10th District
Charles Ballard (D) 4,625
Robert Hackett (R) 13,963
State Senator 74th District
Bill Dean (R) 14,748
PRESIDENTIAL RACE – Local Tallies
Here is how Madison County voted in the presidential race:
Joseph Biden/Kamala Harris (D) 5,558
Howie Hawkins/Angela Walker 46
Jo Jorgensen/Spike Cohen (L) 260
Donald Trump/Michael Pence (R) 13,445