| While Canal Winchester is busy restoring its Scioto Valley Traction Line (SVTL) (interurban) railway depot, Groveport’s interurban depot, shown here, was torn down sometime after the SVTL ceased operations in the 1930s. The Groveport SVTL depot sat on Blacklick Street near Brook Alley where the interurban tracks, which are still embedded in Blacklick Street, curve into a side track. The interurban was an electric railroad system that ran throughout central Ohio in the early 20th century. The system opened in Groveport in 1904 and operated passenger service until 1930 when cars and buses made it obsolete. The first interurban to run on the Columbus to Canal Winchester line made its first trip on July 19m 1904. The interurban could reach 60 mph and made the five mile trip between Groveport and Canal Winchester in five minutes.