Did you know about some of the services the Madison County/London City Health Department provided last year?
• 2,805 immunizations were received by children and adults
• 2,197 adults and children were immunized against flu
• 449 TB tests were administered
• 2,309 certified copies of birth and death certificates were issued
• 3,157 children received oral health screenings
• 3,032 children and adults received dental health education in 154 presentations
• 1,250 plumbing inspections were performed
• 1,039 environmental health inspections were completed
• 443 environmental health licenses were issued
• 4,838 household sewage systems were inspected
• 4,069 children received vision and hearing screenings
• 1,708 children received scoliosis and blood pressure screenings
• 2,359 nutritional counseling services were performed through Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
• 250 car seats were checked and installed and 96 new seats were distributed
• 12,000 pounds of paper were collected, shredded and recycled at the first Shred-It Day
• 284 recycling presentations were made in elementary classrooms, adult and youth civic and social groups
• 76 tons of hazardous waste was collected, recycled or disposed of properly.
For more information about services provided by the Madison County/London City Health District, stop by 306 Lafayette St., Suite B, London, or call 740-852-3065.
Susan Young, R.N., director of nursing
Madison County/London City Health District