(Posted Aug. 15, 2018)
By Kristy Zurbrick, Madison Editor
The Madison County Board of Elections met Aug. 14 and certified the following issues for the Nov. 6 general election ballot:
– Jefferson Local Schools–Renewal of a 1 percent income tax for current expenses for seven years;
– City of London–Additional 2-mill, five-year property tax for operation of emergency medical services through the fire department;
– City of London–La Carreta Mexican Restaurant is requesting a liquor permit for sale of liquor on Sundays between 11 a.m. and midnight;
– Village of Midway–Renewal of a 3-mill, five-year property tax levy for current expenses;
– Darby Township–Renewal of a 1-mill, five-year property tax levy for maintenance of Forest Grove Cemetery;
– Darby Township–Renewal of a 0.6-mill, five-year property tax levy for current expenses;
– Paint Township–Renewal of a 0.4-mill, five-year property tax levy for cemetery maintenance; and
– Range Township–Renewal of a 0.3-mill property tax levy with a 0.5-mill increase for five years for current expenses.
Two countywide races will appear on the ballot. Ron H. Roach (Democrat) and Tony K. Xenikis (Republican) are vying for the open county commissioner seat. Jennifer Hunter is unopposed in her bid for re-election to the county auditor position.
Johnathan Miller (Libertarian), Rick Neal (Democrat), and Steve Stivers (Republican) are running for U.S. representative in the 15th District, which includes Madison County.
The deadline for voter registration for the Nov. 6 ballot is Oct. 9. Absentee voting starts Oct. 10. The Ohio Secretary of State Office is mailing absentee voting applications to all registered voters.
Go to madison.ohioboe.com/election-info/ or call the Madison County Board of Elections at (740) 852-9424 for details. The office is located at 1423 State Rte. 38 SE, London. Hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday.