Interested in filling WJ council vacancy?


(Posted Dec. 14, 2015)

By Sandi Latimer, Staff Writer

Qualified voters in Ward 2 who are interested in serving on West Jefferson village council should make their intentions known to the clerk of council before the end of the year.

“They should submit a resumé or a letter of intent to the clerk of council,” said Council President Ron Garver.

The Ward 2 seat will be open after the first of the year when Ray Martin, the current ward representative, resigns to become mayor. Martin doesn’t plan to resign until Dec. 31, Garver said. There are still two years left on Martin’s term.

In a ruling by Law Director Ron Parsons, council cannot take action until the seat is vacant.

Garver, who is retiring at the end of the year, said interviews will be conducted the second week of January and that council could have a new member by the second meeting of January.

To serve on council, the person must be a registered voter and have lived in Ward 2 for the past year.

For details, contact Debbie DiLeo at (614) 879-7363.

Previous articleStill seeking candidates for city auditor; interviews set
Next articleCobra car owners say ‘thanks’ with donations


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.