House fire in CW


Madison Township Fire Chief Robert Bates said firefighters rescued two people from the basement of a burning house in the 800 block of Groveport Road in Canal Winchester on June 1.

Bates said firefighters battled their way through the burning house to rescue Josh Coyle and Jessica Moore. He said both individuals were transported to the hospital and were believed to be in critical condition.

According to Bates, the owners of the home, John and Linda Marcum, and two young children, were able to escape from the burning house on their own.

Bates said that at this time the cause of the fire is not suspicious.

“This fire is either accidental or electrical in nature and is not suspicious,” said Bates. “Further, this fire is not in any way related to the arson fires that occurred several weeks ago.”

Previous articleReynoldsburg to repair streets
Next articleHomes and Gardens


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.