(Posted Aug. 17, 2021)
By Kristy Zurbrick, Madison Editor
The Madison County Board of Elections met Aug. 16 to certify issues and questions for the Nov. 2 general election ballot.
They are as follows:
• Central Townships Joint Fire District–Renewal of a 4.75-mill property tax levy for five years to provide fire protection and maintain fire apparatus, buildings and sites;
• London Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie 950–Sunday sales of wine, mixed beverages and spiritous liquor from 10 a.m. to midnight on Sundays at 16 S. Union St.;
• Jefferson Township–A 5.5-mill property tax levy for a continuing period of time for construction of a new fire station and operating expenses;
• City of London–Renewal of a 2.1-mill property tax levy for five years for operating expenses;
• Madison-Plains Local Schools–Renewal of a 1.25 percent income tax for 10 years for current expenses;
• Madison County Emergency Medical District–Renewal of a 3-mill property tax levy with an increase of 1.75 mills for a total tax of 4.75 mills for five years for current expenses;
• Range Township–Renewal of a 1.7-mill property tax levy for five years for fire protection;
• Sterling Joint Ambulance District–Renewal of a 1.8-mill property tax for five years for operating expenses;
• Tri-County Joint Fire District–Renewal of a 2.5-mill property tax levy for five years for current expenses; and
• Village of West Jefferson–Charter amendments.
The deadline for voter registration for the Nov. 2 general election is Oct. 4. The deadline to submit an application for an absentee ballot to be mailed is Oct. 30.
For more information, visit www.boe.ohio.gov/madison/ or contact the Board of Elections at (740) 852-9424 or email@example.com. The office is located at 1423 State Rte. 38 SE, London. Hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday.