| For a large part of the 20th century, the Groveport Madison Local School District consisted of just three school buildings – Groveport School (now Groveport Elementary), which housed all 12 grades; and two elementary schools – Brice Elementary and Edwards Elementary. Brice Elementary, located in the village of Brice, was built in 1918 and was originally known as Truro Township school #3 before becoming a Groveport Madison school later. Edwards Elementary, located at Alum Creek Drive and Williams Road, was originally called Edwards Station School. The school took its name from the small town of Edwards Station that never took permanent root along Alum Creek Drive near the railroad crossing. Edwards Elementary was built in 1923 as part of a bond issue package along with Groveport School. Architecturally it is a miniature version of Groveport School. Pictured (top) is an architect’s rendering of Edwards Elementary that appeared in bond issue campaign literature in the early 1920s. Edwards’ upper level included an auditorium/gymnasium with a small stage at one end. It had four classrooms upstairs while the lower level originally had a lunch room and manual training, home economics, sewing rooms, as well as two locker rooms, according to the original architect’s drawings. Also pictured (below) is Edwards Elementary as it looked in 1970. Edwards Elementary served the district until the 1970s. The building is now a private business.