(Posted March 29, 2022)
There are plenty of opportunities to enjoy Easter egg hunts and more around Madison County this year.
• The London Kiwanis Club is hosting an Easter egg hunt at 10 a.m. April 9 at Cowling Park. Participants are asked to arrive before 10 a.m. to locate their age group area. The hunt is open to children ages 12 and younger. Organizers invite participants to bring canned or non-perishable food items for HELP House Community Outreach. Donations are not required to participate in the egg hunt but will be greatly appreciated.
• Plain City–Plain City’s Easter Egg hunt will take place at noon sharp on April 9 at Pastime Park (rain date: April 16). Organizers will hide more than 5,000 eggs, each of which contains candy or a prize slip redeemable for giveaways including bicycles, tricycles, candy, and coupons to area businesses. Age groups are: 0-3 years old, 4-5, 6-7, and 8-12.
The hunt is sponsored by Plain City Veterans of Foreign Wars and Auxiliary, local businesses and organizations, and individuals. Anyone who has eggs from prior Easter egg hunts can return them to the VFW Auxiliary or by calling Carolyn Williamson at (614) 873-4121.
• Mount Sterling–Mount Sterling’s “Egg-streme” Community Easter Jam is set for 9 a.m.-noon April 9 at the Mount Sterling Community Center, 164 E. Main St. The egg hunt is at 11 a.m. Age groups are: toddlers, pre-kindergarten, first and second grade, third and fourth grade, and fifth and sixth grade.
The day also includes free lunch (hot dog, chips, water), music, drive-through Easter baskets, and prize giveaways. To pre-register for giveaways, email email@example.com. This rain-or-shine event is sponsored by the Community Center and Mount Sterling Nazarene Church.
• Life in Christ Fellowship Church, 500 State Rte. 142 NE, West Jefferson, is hosting an Easter egg hunt, story, and “bunny snacks” at 11 a.m. April 16 for children ages 3 to 10 years old. Eggs will be filled with candy, treats and surprises.
• West Jefferson–The village of West Jefferson’s Easter activities are set for 10 a.m.-1 p.m. April 16 at the Jack “Rock” McDowell Athletic Complex (Converse Park). The egg hunt takes place at 11 a.m. and includes three age groups. Visitors also are invited to take pictures with the Easter bunny, bounce in inflatables, and enjoy a free lunch of hotdog, chips and a drink.
• Mason Park in Mount Sterling will be the site of an Easter egg hunt at 11 a.m. April 16. The event honors the memory of Michael Starr.
• Motorcycle Bunny–A tradition that started with the pandemic continues. The Easter bunny will ride through several towns, starting with Era at 11 a.m. April 16, then Mount Sterling. Children are invited to watch for him and wave.
• South Solon–Grace Community Church is sponsoring a Community Easter Egg Hunt at noon on April 16 at South Solon Community Park. All children are welcome. The park will be divided by age.