(Posted April 4, 2014)
Madison County area Easter egg hunts for 2014 are scheduled as follows:
• London. April 12, 10 a.m., Cowling Park on South Main Street. Ages 1-10. Sponsored by London Kiwanis. For details, call Jim Slagle at (740) 852-4476.
• Sedalia. April 12, noon, Sedalia/Midway Park on State Route 38. Ages 12 and younger. Sponsored by Green Range 4-H Club.
• Plain City. April 12, noon, Pastime Park. Age groups: 0-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-12. Eggs will be filled with candy; some will contain prize slips. Prizes include bicycles, tricycles, candy and coupons for area businesses. Sponsored by the Plain City VFW and VFW Ladies Auxiliary, as well as local businesses, organizations and individuals. For details, call Donna Burchett at (614) 873-5061 or Carolyn Williamson at 873-4121.
• Lilly Chapel. April 19, 10 a.m., Trinity United Methodist Church, 8530 Lilly Chapel-Georgesville Road. Age groups: 2-5, 6-9, and 10 and older. For details, call (614) 879-8007.
• Mount Sterling. April 19, 10-11:30 a.m., Mount Sterling Community Center, 164 E. Main St., rain or shine. Age groups: 2 and younger, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-11. Sponsored by Knights of Pythias Lodge 194. After the hunt, games, crafts and pictures with the Easter bunny will take place in the center. Refreshments will be served.
• West Jefferson. April 19, 1 p.m., Garrette Park. Sponsored by American Legion Jefferson Unit 201. Three fields will be marked for different age groups: toddler to 3 years old, 4 years old to kindergarten, and first through fourth grade. Each field will have money eggs along with candy. (Rain date: April 26).