(Posted Oct. 10, 2018)
The North Central Ohio Solid Waste District, in partnership with the Pleasant Township trustees and United Church, will begin a monthly drop-off recycling collection on Oct. 22 at the vacant lot on the corner of High and Columbus streets in Mount Sterling.
The collection will be held on the fourth Monday of every month from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Residents can recycle paper, newspapers, magazines, paperboard, cardboard, aluminum cans, steel food cans, glass food bottles/jars and number 1 & 2 plastic bottle/jugs (examples: laundry, shampoo, milk, beverage).
The mobile collection time for the London site, 233 Jenkinson Drive, is now 12:30 to 3 p.m. the fourth Monday of every month.
The full list of monthly mobile collection sites in Madison County are as follows:
* Jefferson Township/West Jefferson–Fire station, 745 W. Main St., first Thursday, 9-11:30 a.m.;
* Deercreek Township/Lafayette–Fire station, 75 S. Middle St., Lafayette, first Thursday, 12-2:30 p.m.;
* Canaan Township–Township hall, 8055 U.S. Rte. 42, Plain City, second Wednesday, 9-11:30 a.m.;
* Monroe Township/Plumwood–Township hall, 15 Fourth St. (State Route 38), second Wednesday, 12:30-3 p.m.
* Oak Run Township–Township hall, 7090 Gregg Mill Rd., third Tuesday, 9-11:30 a.m.;
* Paint Township/Newport–Fire department/township hall, 6770 State Rte. 38, third Tuesday, 12:30-3 p.m.;
* Pleasant Township/Mount Sterling–corner of East Columbus and South High streets, Mount Sterling, fourth Monday, 9-11:30 a.m.;
* London–233 Jenkinson Dr., fourth Monday, 12:30-3 p.m.
These collections sites are not for household hazardous waste, electronics, tires or other solid waste. Anyone caught leaving items at the site during non-collection hours may be prosecuted for illegal dumping.
The mobile collections will be cancelled when there is a Level 1 weather emergency in Madison or Union counties.
The collection sites are operated by Union Recyclers and funded by the North Central Ohio Solid Waste District. For more information on recycling in Madison County, visit www.ncowaste.org or contact the Champaign-Madison-Shelby Counties program office at (937) 484-1549.