(Posted Feb. 28, 2019)
Several Madison County high school wrestlers advanced to district competition following Ohio High School Athletic Association sectional action on Feb. 22-23.
London and Jonathan Alder competed at the Div. II sectional at Licking Valley; London won the event as a team. Madison-Plains and West Jefferson competed in the Div. III sectional at Madison-Plains.
The athletes who qualified to compete at district competition March 1-2 are as follows, listed by weight class:
- 126 pounds–Dominic Davis, first;
- 132–Ethan James, fourth;
- 138–Antwuan Burns, second;
- 152–Josh Colvin, third;
- 160–Darian Huff, fourth;
- 182–Jack Minner, third;
- 195–Antonio Burns, third;
- 220–Thad Huff, first;
- 285–Dustin Massie, fourth.
- 106 pounds–Reece Chapman, fourth place;
- 170–Luke Stalnaker, fourth;
- 220–Michael Boggs, third.
- 106 pounds–John Marks, fourth place;
- 113–Ken Shafer, fourth place;
- 126–Anthony Roby, second place;
- 145–Joey Grigsby, second place;
- 170–Chase Kelly, first place;
- 220–Travis Reed, fourth place.
- 106–Will George, first place;
- 126–Joey Buckland, first place;
- 145–Anthony Speakman, fourth place;
- 152–Jonathan Rickenbacker, second;
- 160–Bryce Keckley, first place;
- 170–Gavin Frybarger, fourth place;
- 195–Colton Forrest, fourth place;
- 220–Hunter Braithwaite, third place;
- 285–Chet Lohr, second place.