|Photo courtesy of the Groveport Heritage Museum|
| Cornerstone of community
Workers are shown here laying the cornerstone of the Groveport United Methodist Church educational building in 1958. The two story building was added to the rear of the church at a cost (including furnishings) of $61,270. According to church historian Nancy Myers, the cornerstone was laid on April 13, 1958 on the same day the church celebrated the 50th anniversary of the dedication of the present church, located at the corner of College and Main streets in Groveport. The addition was completed and consecrated on Sept. 22, 1958. The Methodists were one of the first congregations to form in Groveport and Madison Township in the early 19th century. The congregation first built a church in Groveport in 1836, replacing the original church with a larger brick structure in 1851. This second church served the congregation until the early 20th century when it was replaced with the current church in 1908.