Columbus Metropolitan Library (CML) has unveiled a new School Help webpage, where K-12 students can get help with homework and reading.
CML’s new School Help webpage features:
• Online K-12 Homework Help, with staff ready to answer homework questions and help with reading practice via text, chat and phone Monday through Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Video tutorials with step-by-step instructions on how to use key homework tools.
• HelpNow, a resource that offers 24-hour access to study tools and test preparation, plus online tutors available every day from 2-11 p.m.
• Links to school district and library resources.
“While we regret that our Homework Help and Reading Buddies programs can’t be offered in person at this time due to the pandemic, we know that students and families need our support more than ever before,” said CML Public Services Director Kathy Shahbodaghi. “Whatever shape this school year takes, we want families to know we’re here to help.”
All 23 CML locations are open for Curbside Pickup and nearly all are open for Limited Services. All customers age 5 and older are required to wear a face covering while inside CML buildings. Customers are not able to browse CML’s collection, but library staff are available to help find books and other materials for customers and their families.
CML will continue to follow guidelines provided by local, county and state health officials and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Digital library resources remain available 24/7 at columbuslibrary.org, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, magazines, movies and music, plus research and learning tools.
CML has many channels for customers to connect with staff, including:
• Live Chat: CML’s live chat feature is a convenient way to get help Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday from 1-5 p.m.
• Phone Lines: CML has reopened its phone lines at 614-645-2275 so customers can reach staff members to get the help they need Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday from 1-5 p.m.
• Reserve an Expert: Customers can schedule a one-on-one, virtual appointment with a librarian to get help with genealogy, local history, business information, searching for a job or downloading digital content. Customers can also book an online, one-on-one appointment with the Legal Advice Clinic for brief legal questions.
For more information, visit columbuslibrary.org.