The holiday season is just around the bend and fun celebration plans are in place including a Nutcracker Hunt, holiday light displays, calls and letters from Santa, a decorating contest and more.
The city of Grove City and Heart of Grove City 2020 holiday activities open with the fourth annual Nutcracker Hunt. Beginning Saturday, Nov. 28, find all 30 nutcrackers at local Town Center businesses for a chance to win a grand prize holiday basket. Families and businesses are encouraged to share Nutcracker Hunt adventures and photos. Remember to mask up and social distance while hunting.
“Santa Claus recently reached out to us to confirm his annual visit to Grove City is on schedule and he’ll be here in time to help light the Town Center Christmas tree,” said Mayor Richard “Ike” Stage. “He emphasized his desire to bring his joy to our community by helping us adapt the annual celebration so families can safely enjoy the season’s fun.”
- All are invited to enjoy a pre-recorded holiday celebration show on the city of Grove City Facebook page (@GroveCityOhio) from the comfort and safety of home Saturday, Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. Follow along as Santa and his elves harvest and decorate the Town Center Christmas tree before joining Mayor Stage for a virtual tree lighting. The show includes a musical celebration of the season with virtual performances from local high school choirs and bands. Santa will visit local businesses and answer questions submitted by curious young minds.
- There’s nothing like the magic of a letter from Santa to light up a child’s face. By special arrangement with the North Pole, the city of Grove City established a direct mail route to Santa. Youngsters can drop their letters in Santa’s mailbox Monday, Nov. 30 through Sunday, Dec. 6. His mailbox is located in front of the Grove City Welcome Center & Museum, 3378 Park St. To receive a response, include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with every letter.
- Capture the magic of the season with a call from Santa the week of Dec 7. Make a reservation, beginning Monday, Nov. 30 to schedule a call with Santa, for a $5 per family donation to the Jackson Township Firefighters for Kids toy drive, by visiting the city website.
- There’s no place like home for the holidays. The Taylor Team – Keller Williams Premier Realty and Visit Grove City are hosting a Grove City Holiday Festival of Lights contest during December for exterior decorations at Grove City residences and businesses. Entry forms for the contest and People’s Choice voting is encouraged and the top three winners receive a prize. Information is available at taylorteamsold.com.
- Don’t miss the Grove City Area Chamber of Commerce Arts in the Alley Home Edition shopping, art and entertainment throughout the season at artsinthealley.gcchamber.org.
Share your holiday fun using the hashtag #GroveCityChristmas. For additional information, visit GroveCityOhio.gov or call the Grove City Parks and Recreation Department at 614-277-3050.