| Ernie Winters is shown here giving Mary Ann Miller a ride in his carriage on Main Street in downtown Groveport across from Groveport Town Hall in 1943. Businesses visible in the background include Ackerman’s Drugs (center) and Henry Rostofer’s general store (right). By the mid-1940s Rostofer’s had been in business in Groveport for 50 years. A drug store had been located at the Ackerman site since 1882 when John and Frank Rarey started the business. In 1937 Kenneth "Doc" Ackerman established Ackerman Drugs and operated it until 1967 when the business was sold to John Hougland.