Brinkman appointed to Mental Health board

The Mental Health & Recovery Board of Clark, Greene & Madison Counties (MHRB) welcomed Katherine Brinkman (center) as its newest board member on Feb. 19. Madison County Commissioner David Hunter (right) performed the swearing-in ceremony, which was attended by MHRB CEO Greta Mayer (left) and other board members.

(Updated on Feb. 19, 2019)

By Kristy Zurbrick, Madison Editor

The Madison County commissioners welcomed Kathy Brinkman of London as the newest member of the Mental Health and Recovery Board of Clark, Greene and Madison Counties. She will represent Madison County on the board during her four-year term.

“This is a natural progression for me. I am in recovery from addiction for the past seven years, and I am a state certified peer recovery supporter,” she said at the commissioners’ Feb. 5 meeting.

Brinkman worked for Mental Health Services for three years as a peer recovery coach.

Bridge replacement

County Engineer Bryan Dhume reported that the bridge on Rosedale Milford Center Road will be replaced. Work is due to start in July 2021.

The cost is estimated at $668,200. Federal gas tax funds will cover 95 percent of the cost. Madison County’s bridge credits, earned for work done in-house on previous bridge projects, will cover the other 5 percent. Due to the cost of the project, Ohio law mandates that the county contract out the work. The commissioners signed off on the arrangement.

Also on Feb. 5, the commissioners opened bids for fuel, stone and gravel for the Engineer’s Office. One bid was submitted for fuel. Five bids were submitted for stone and gravel. After reviewing the bids, Dhume will make a recommendation on which bids to accept at the commissioners’ Feb. 12 meeting.

Courthouse clock

Work is slated to start soon on restoration and installation of the original county courthouse clock. Phil Wright, owner of The Tower Clock Co. in South Charleston, is doing the work. The commissioners signed off on the first phase of the project, which will cost $42,000. The overall cost of the project is $95,000.

The clock mechanism dates back to 1892. Wright is refurbishing the mechanism and recreating the dials and hands. New dial glass also will be installed. Volunteers are helping with the project.

A completion date for the project has not been set, according to Rob Slane, county administrator.

Previous articleSalters named Special Olympics Athlete of the Year
Next articleDreams put to canvas


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.