(Posted Aug. 15, 2023)
The 2023 WAG!, a dog-friendly festival, is set for 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Aug. 26 at the Darby Bend Lakes Area at Prairie Oaks Metro Park, 2755 Amity Rd., Hilliard. Admission is free.
Thousands of dogs and their owners attend WAG! each year to check out dog-related products and services, walk the trails, splash in the lakes, participate in contests, enjoy live entertainment, and fill up at food trucks.
WAG! also is the biggest event in Ohio that helps dogs in need, bringing dog-serving rescue groups and organizations together with potential donors and adopters. Several rescue organizations are among the more than 90 vendors who will be on site.
The schedule of special activities is as follows:
10:30 a.m.–Disc demonstrations and freestyle performances presented by Southern Ohio Flying K9s
11:30 a.m.–Dog agility demonstration presented by Sky Dogs
12:30 p.m.–Disc demonstrations and freestyle performances presented by Southern Ohio Flying K9s
1:30 p.m.–Dog agility demonstration presented by Sky Dogs
2:30 p.m.–Disc demonstrations and freestyle performances presented by Southern Ohio Flying K9s
The festival is an opportunity for dogs and dog enthusiasts to socialize with one another. With that in mind, organizers encourage and promote responsible dog ownership for a safe atmosphere at the festival. The following are some of the guidelines:
• No pets other than dogs are permitted at WAG!
• Do not bring dogs that are younger than 16 weeks old as their body protection skills are still developing.
• All dogs visiting the festival must be current on their vaccinations. Dogs must display current license and rabies tags. Injured or ill dogs should not be brought to the event.
• All dogs must be socialized and get along with humans and other dogs of all sizes. Dogs that are stressed by crowds and/or display an aggressive nature should not participate.
• All dogs must be leashed except when at the Water Bark Beach swim area. Leashes should be no longer than 6 feet. For safety reasons, retractable leashes are discouraged. Pring, pinch, spiked, and choke collars are not permitted.
• Be prepared to pick up your dog’s waste.
For more information, visit https://wagfest.com/.