Slate of Local Candidates for November Election
The Madison County Board of Elections has certified these candidates for the Nov. 4 election.
Madison County Clerk of Courts
• Marie Parks, 2770 State Rte. 665, London, Republican
Madison County Coroner
• James Winston Kaehr, 1110 E. Choctaw Dr., London, Republican
Madison County Commissioner
• Thomas Buscemi, 34 Mill Rd., West Jefferson, Democrat
• Mark A. Forrest, 5355 Goodson Rd., West Jefferson, Republican
Madison County Commissioner
• Chris R. Snyder, 680 Forrestwood Ave., West Jefferson, Republican
Madison County Prosecutor
• Stephen J. Pronai, 115 Country Ridge Lane, London, Republican
Madison County Engineer
• David P. Brand, 95 Richmond Ave., London, Republican
Madison County Common Pleas Judge—Juvenile/Probate Division
• Glenn S. Hamilton, 87 Elm St., London, Republican
Madison County Recorder
• Charles E. Reed, 9790 Hayden Run Rd., Plain City, Republican
Madison County Sheriff
• James P. Sabin, 2050 Old Columbus Rd., London, Republican
Madison County Treasurer
• Christopher J. Brown, 53 S. West St., West Jefferson, Independent
• Jennifer S. Hunter, 7775 Big Plain Circleville Rd., London, Independent
• William M. Stidham, 195 E. Center St., London, Republican
84th District State Representative
• Connie Crockett, 611 Xenia Ave., Yellow Springs, Democrat
• Robert D. Hackett, 2050 Palouse Dr., London, Republican
Christopher J. Brown of West Jefferson and Jennifer S. Hunter of London will run as independents in the race for Madison County treasurer, which also includes Republican incumbent William M. Stidham of London.
Thomas Phillips of West Jefferson filed as an independent for the Madison County commissioner’s seat now occupied by Robert D. Hackett. The Board of Elections could not certify Phillips as an independent, however, because he affiliated himself with the Republican Party by voting in the March 4 Republican primary election.
Therefore, the only certified candidates for the commissioner’s race (term starting Jan. 2, 2009) are Democrat Thomas Buscemi of West Jefferson and Republican Mark A. Forrest of West Jefferson. Republican incumbent Chris R. Snyder of West Jefferson is the only candidate in the race for the commissioner’s term that starts Jan. 3, 2009.
In other election updates, the Board of Elections has changed South Solon’s polling location from the Stokes Township/South Solon Fire Station to the village offices. Voters will receive notification by mail before the November election.
Additionally, the board recently supplied all of the county’s libraries with sign-up sheets for individuals interested in becoming poll workers. Trainings will be scheduled closer to the time of the election.
The following are important dates to keep in mind for the fall election season:
• A special election will be held on Aug. 5 for voters in the Miami Trace School District, which includes a very small portion of Madison County. The school district is on the ballot for a 2.8-mill bond issue to build a middle school for grades six through eight. The issue includes a 0.5-mill levy for maintenance of the building. The voter registration deadline for the special election is July 7.
• The deadline to file questions or issues for the Nov. 4 election ballot is 4 p.m. Aug. 21. No issues have been filed to date.
• The voter registration deadline for the Nov. 4 election is Oct 4.
For more information, contact the Madison County Board of Elections at 740-852-9424, stop by 117 W. High St., Suite 102 in London, or go to www.co.madison.oh.us and click on “Board of Elections.”