The Big Splash will open for the 2021 swim season on Saturday, May 29.
Several policy changes have been enacted to promote public safety. Those changes include:
• The Big Splash is available only to season pass holders. Season passes are sold individually online starting May 1. A pass is not required for a child younger than 3 years accompanied by a season pass holder age 16 or older.
• To use the facility, pass holders schedule a time block or “wave” up to 48 hours before their intended visit. Three waves of two hours and 45 minutes are offered each day with 45 minutes between each wave reserved for cleaning. Wave times are: 11 a.m. to 1:45 p.m., 2:30 to 5:15 p.m., and 6 to 8 p.m.
• No day passes will be sold in 2021 to ensure as many season pass holders as possible can enjoy the facility.
• The Big Splash is open daily Saturday, May 29 through Monday, Sept. 6 except when the South-Western City Schools District is in session (June 1-4; Aug. 25-27, 30-31; and Sept. 1-3).
• A season pass may be purchased by a resident of Grove City or unincorporated Jackson Township for $50. Non-residents may purchase a pass for $100.
• By purchasing a season pass, patrons agree to adhere to all rules and regulations presented by the city of Grove City including those put in place to limit exposure to COVID-19 (i.e., mask wearing and social distancing) as well as other communicable diseases such as crypto.
Swim lessons will be offered at The Big Splash starting June 12 in a variety of skill levels, days and times. Participants are not required to be season pass holders. Those interested can register as one would for a traditional class offered by Grove City Parks and Recreation. Registration opens on May 10 along with other June-July Parks and Recreation Department activities.
For more information, visit www.grovecityohio.gov.