In light of the recent Governor’s order regarding masks, I would like to inform our Groveport residents that the Groveport Police Department will not be the enforcing agency.
We will not take any action unless there are any other criminal infractions.
Please do not call 9-1-1.
Your contact for any complaints regarding masks is the Franklin County health Department – 614 525-3160 or the State of Ohio Department Health – 1-883-427-5634.
The Governor has made it clear that he expects citizens to be compliant.
“All individuals in Ohio must wear facial coverings in public at all times when:
• At an indoor location that is not a residence
• Outdoors, but unable to maintain six-foot social distance from people who are not household members
• Waiting for, riding, driving, or operating public transportation, such as a taxi, a car service, or a private car used for ride-sharing.
The order only requires those 10 years old or older to wear a mask. Additional exclusions include:
• Those with a medical condition or a disability or those communicating with someone with a disability;
• Those who are actively exercising or playing sports;
• Those who are officiants at religious services;
• Those who are actively involved in public safety; or
• Those who are actively eating or drinking.”
Please continue to support our local businesses.
Ralph Portier, Groveport chief of police