(Posted Sept. 15, 2023)
After 60 years of shows, the Farm Science Review (FSR) management team has figured out a thing or two when it comes to having the best FSR experience. Here are tips to make the most of your time at the show.
1. Download the FSR app before you go to the show. You can look up exhibitors ahead of time, view the map, and use the app for navigation while you are on site. To download the app, visit “Mobile App/Digital Directory.”
2. What to bring. Check the weather before heading to the show and pack accordingly. You can bring a cooler with drinks and snacks, but there also will be 14 food vendors located along Friday Avenue. You can find more information about food vendors at the center of the show program or on the mobile app.
3. Arrive early. Gates open at 8 a.m. each day. With more than 500 exhibitors and a jam-packed schedule, you are going to want to give yourself time to run into old friends, visit with exhibitors, and experience the live field demonstrations.
4. Get hands-on in the Ride and Drive Area. Can-Am (Booth #1288 and #924) will have a course where visitors can test drive Can-Am vehicles.
5. Attend a field demonstration. Even if you aren’t in the market to buy something this season, it doesn’t mean the equipment you see in action won’t be part of your farm a few years down the road. Get in on the action and catch a shuttle ride over to the field demonstrations anytime between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. each day. Drainage installation demonstrations run all day and field demonstrations take place from 12:30 to 3 p.m.
6. Enjoy a milkshake at the OSU Buckeye Dairy Club building on Friday Avenue. Don’t let the long line scare you. OSU Buckeye Dairy Club members are pros at making milkshakes and keeping the line moving.
7. Ask the Expert. Learn from the best and brightest minds OSU Extension has to offer during Ask the Expert sessions on the corner of Friday Avenue and Kottman Street. You will find a session catered toward your interests here or at other OSU presentation areas on site.
Farm Science Review ticket information
Tickets for Farm Science Review are available to purchase online and at participating Extension offices and agribusinesses across Ohio and Indiana. Tickets are $15 at the gate. Admission is free for children ages 5 and younger. The event welcomes more than 100,000 attendees and over 500 exhibitors to the Molly Caren Agricultural Center in London. Show hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 19-20 and 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 21. Visit fsr.osu.edu.