(Posted Aug. 24, 2015)
The Madison County Board of Elections met Aug. 17 and certified 18 issues for the Nov. 3 ballot.
The deadline to register to vote in the Nov. 3 election is Oct. 5. For more information, go to electionsonthe.net/oh/madison/# or call the elections board at (740) 852-9424. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
– Darby Township—0.7-mill, five-year replacement levy for maintaining and operating Forest Grove Cemetery
– Fairbanks Local Schools—0.25 percent income tax
– Jefferson Local Schools—7.11-mill, seven-year renewal levy to provide for the emergency requirements of the district
– London Public Library—Renewal of a 1.2-mill levy with an increase of 0.3-mill for five years for current expenses
– Madison County—1.3-mill, five-year renewal levy for operation and maintenance of Fairhaven programs for people with developmental disabilities
– Madison County—0.8-mill, five-year renewal levy for providing and maintaining services, equipment and facilities owned and operated by the Madison County Senior Citizens Center
– Madison County-London City Health District—1-mill, five-year renew-al levy for maintaining services
– Mechanicsburg Exempted Schools—Renewal of a 1 percent income tax for 10 years for current expenses
– Mental Health and Recovery Ser-vices Board of Madison County—0.5-mill, 10-year renewal levy for operating, maintaining and financing of mental health and recovery programs and facilities
– Paint Township—1.5-mill, five-year renewal levy for current expenses
– Plain City East—Local option question: Shall the sale of wine and mixed beverages, under permits which authorize sale for on-premise consumption only, and under permits which authorize sale for both on-premise and off-premise consumption, be permitted?
– Plain City West—The same local option question as listed for Plain City East
– Plain City Public Library—Replacement of a 0.75-mill levy with an increase of 0.75-mill for five years for current expenses
– Pleasant-Darby Union Cemetery District—Replacement of a 0.5-mill levy with an increase of 0.5-mill for five years for maintaining and operating cemeteries
– Somerford Township—1.6-mill, five-year replacement levy for fire protection
– Stokes Township—0.4-mill, five-year replacement levy to provide fire protection and maintain fire apparatus, appliances, buildings and sites, sources of water, and materials
– West Jefferson A—Local option question: Shall the sale of wine and mixed beverages be permitted on Sunday between 11 a.m. and midnight by Certified Oil Corp., an applicant for a D-6 liquor permit doing business as a full-service retail convenience store at 184 E. Main St., West Jefferson?
– West Jefferson A—Local option question: Shall the sale of beer be permitted for sale on Sunday between 11 a.m. and midnight by Certified Oil Corp., a holder of a C-1 liquor permit doing business as a full-service retail conveni-ence store at 184 E. Main St., West Jefferson?