The first annual Plain City Fall Festival will take place from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Oct. 12 at Pastime Park.
The festival is presented by the Plain City Fireworks Fund committee. All proceeds will go toward fireworks and entertainment for next year’s Fourth of July celebration in Plain City.
The schedule of events is as follows:
• All day—Deejayed oldies-but-goodies music by Mac Thompson in the park gazebo, food vendors, children’s crafts by Laughing Dog Studio, and more than 100 vendors selling antiques, arts, crafts, jewelry, flea market items and direct sale goods.
• 11 a.m.—Deadline for entrants in the pumpkin-carving contest to drop off their pre-carved pumpkins. Winners will be announced at 6 p.m. Age categories are 12 and younger and 13 and older.
• 11 a.m.—Darby Smith will sing Top 40 music at the stage pavilion at the south end of the park.
• Noon—A firemen’s chili cook-off will pit the Pleasant Valley and Jerome Township fire departments against one another. The public will choose the winner, which will receive the Chili King trophy and bragging rights.
• Noon-2 p.m.—Arnett Howard, a Jonathan Alder High School alum and former Plain City resident, will perform music at the stage pavilion.
• Noon-4 p.m.—Hayrides
• 1 p.m.—Giant pumpkin auction (pumpkin donated by the Weeks Farm)
• 1 p.m.—A single-elimination corn hole tournament is slated. Registration runs from 10 a.m. to noon. Players must be at least 18 years old. The cost to enter is $5 per person. The winning team will take home 25 percent of the entry fee pot; second place, 15 percent; third place, 10 percent. The rest of the proceeds go to the fireworks fund.
• 2-3 p.m.—Singer-songwriter Joe Thompson will perform tunes similar in style to James Taylor and Stephen Curtis Chapman at the stage pavilion.
• 3-5 p.m.—Gregg Jordan, a country music artist who draws inspiration from the likes of Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw and Garth Brooks, will perform at the stage pavilion.
• 4-7 p.m.—A barbecue pork dinner will be served, dine-in or carryout. Meal tickets must be purchased in advance. The cost is $10. Tickets can be purchased from any committee member, by calling event organ-izer Leslie Perkins at (614) 873-8381, with a credit card on ebay (search for “Plain City Fall Festival BBQ”), from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Thursdays at the farmers’ market in downtown Plain City, or from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Lovejoy’s IGA.
• 5-6 p.m.—Locker 15, playing classic to current rock hits, will perform at the stage pavilion.
• 6 p.m.—A gun raffle drawing will be held at the Conceal and Carry Ohio booth in the center of the park. Two guns will be raffled. Tickets for the Glock raffle are $5 each or six for $25; tickets for the AR-15 raffle are $10 each of six for $50. Tickets can be purchased from any committee member, from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Thursdays at the farmers’ market in downtown Plain City, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at Lovejoy’s IGA, or at the festival. (Rules regarding the gun raffle will be posted on the committee’s website.)
• 6-7 p.m.—Drawing Airplanes, a rock band, will play covers and original music from their new album, “Villains,” at the stage pavilion.
For more information, follow Plain City Fall Festival on Facebook or go to www.plaincityfallfestival.com. For more about the Fireworks Fund committee, call Leslie Perkins at (614) 873-8381.